Hours: 20 hours per week
Type: Contract, 12 months
Pay: $16,640 per annum for one-year contract (pro-rated based on contract length)
Benefits: 4% in lieu of vacation; monthly cell phone and internet credit; reimbursement for vehicle use
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Rescue Coordinator is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the organization, including but not limited to:
- Responding to enquiries in a timely manner
- Providing detailed and frequent updates to the board of directors regarding medical care, intake requests, volunteers, and adoption applicants
- Administering the foster home program
- Processing adoption applications
- Coordinating volunteer assignments and working closely with volunteers
- Liaising with veterinary clinics
- Managing animal intake
- Maintaining accurate records, including database and website management
- Marketing, special events, and fundraising support
- Transporting animals to foster homes and veterinary clinics
The Rescue Coordinator role is a work-from-home position that requires availability during business hours (ideally 3-4 hours per day, 5 days a week) and flexibility to shift hours and support evening or weekend needs such as foster home set-ups, special events, and emergency animal intake. Some driving will be required, including transporting animal to and from veterinary clinics and foster homes, with occasional trips outside of Kingston (i.e., to veterinary specialist in Toronto).
- Some post-secondary education preferred
- Experience with animal medical care a strong asset (i.e., veterinary technician, veterinary assistant, or background in rescue and rehabilitation)
- Passion for animal welfare and rescue; experience with animal welfare issues, such as fostering or advocacy, highly preferred
- Minimum two years of administrative experience
- Comfort working with and engaging a variety of animals, including those that have experienced trauma, with limited socialization, or in need of medical rehabilitation (including medicating animals). Experience with dogs, cats, and rabbits preferred.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, project management, and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail with ability to manage competing tasks concurrently
- Proven customer service skills and adept at communicating and working with diverse groups of people
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Drive/docs
- Experience with a website content management system (Drupal) considered an asset
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle required
- Incumbent must live in or near Kingston (ideally no more than 20 km outside the city)
ABOUT KINGSTON ANIMAL RESCUE
Founded in 2010, Kingston Animal Rescue (KAR) is a no-kill animal rescue that rescues and finds forever homes for animals in need. Using a network of foster homes, KAR takes in last-chance animals: animals that are at high risk of euthanasia or those that would otherwise be at risk without intervention. This includes animals at shelters and stray animals. KAR also assists in emergency rescues, including animals removed from neglectful situations.
KAR is a registered charity (83024 4802 RR0001).
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. Candidates are encouraged to submit applications for consideration in a timely manner.
Provide a resume with a cover letter detailing your qualifications and use the subject line “KAR Rescue Coordinator 06-2021” to submit.
Submit applications to email@example.com
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their interest.